New firms have now been found for all of the trainees who were working at King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) when it collapsed.
The news was confirmed on LinkedIn by the firm’s former graduate recruitment manager Caroline Sarson, who has been instrumental in coordinating the effort to rehouse trainees.
At least 19 firms are known to have taken in KWM trainees, with two more confirming that they have hired some this week. In addition to the firms already reported on, Latham & Watkins is taking two, as is Taylor Wessing.
The KWM trainee diaspora: confirmed so far
- Allen & Overy: taking four trainees
- Ashurst: taking three
- Baker McKenzie: taking three
- Covington & Burling: taking two
- DLA Piper: taking four
- Fieldfisher: taking one
- Freshfields: taking three
- Fried Frank: taking three
- Goodwin Procter: taking five
- Greenberg Traurig: taking five
- Hogan Lovells: taking two
- Holman Fenwick Willan: taking one
- Latham & Watkins: taking two
- Macfarlanes: taking two
- Osborne Clarke: taking two
- Reed Smith: taking three
- Stephenson Harwood: has taken one, and talking to others
- Taylor Wessing: taking two
- White & Case: has taken two current trainees, and assessing future trainees