Christmas is coming and, by popular acclaim, so is The Lawyer Christmas Tree wars!
This year, the competition has a charity twist. We’re raising money for LawWorks and the Bar Pro Bono Unit, which both do fantastic work enabling access to justice for those in need. So if you want to enter your firm, in-house team, chambers or law school’s tree, we’re asking you to make a small donation.
The winner will receive the GLORY of being known as THE LAW’S MOST CHRISTMASSY FIRM, a fancy certificate to prove it and as a thank-you, LawWorks and the Bar Pro Bono Unit will send the winner some goodies too.
How to enter
1. Take a photo of your firm’s Christmas tree.
3. Make a donation here. The minimum donation to qualify for the competition is £10 (so law students aren’t priced out) but we suggest all you lovely law firms and barristers’ chambers might like to chip in a bit more than that.
4. Our EXPERT PANEL of festive judges will deliberate on which is the finest tree. Imaginative, creative, and law-themed trees will no doubt score highly, but normal trees decorated nicely or photographed in aesthetically pleasing ways will still be in with a shout, so load up those Instagram filters…
5. The organisation with the best tree as judged by the EXPERT PANEL shall be named the winner. Last entries accepted on 24 December, with the winner announced the following week.
6. We will also accept photos of trainees forced to dress as elves.
7. God bless us, every one!
Muckle’s entry is as imaginative as ever…
— Muckle LLP (@MuckleLLP) December 16, 2016
A very jolly entry from RIAA Barker Gillette!
— RIAA Barker Gillette (@RIAA_BG_UK) December 16, 2016
And here’s the entry from Nottingham Law School…
— NLS Pro Bono (@NLSProBono) December 19, 2016