As a mature applicant, Ive lost touch with my university tutors/lecturers. Would it be acceptable for me to provide two work referees instead of an academic one?

Its useful for a firm to be able to contact someone about your academic performance, but clearly if this was some time ago, and you have been in employment since graduating, then it is better for us to contact work referees should we need to. In that case its fine to provide two work referees. However, if youre currently studying the GDL or LPC, then it would be helpful to have the name of your personal tutor or the course director, even if you have limited contact with them, just so that there is someone we can contact about your performance should we need to confirm anything.